45 Top Local Australian Business Directories
IN THIS ARTICLE WE’LL COVER
- What is a local directory?
- The benefits of signing up to a local directory
- What is NAP, and why is it important?
- 45 Australian Businesses Listed
Business Directories are a great way to gather extra website traffic. There are many free and paid options, including Link partnerships . Online business directories or citation listings, are probably the easiest way to get back links and to start putting your website and business infront of potential customers.
The most Directories your business is registered with the better the chances of receiving traffic and also a great signal for the search engines such as Google to measure the authenticity of your website. Back in the day the equivilant of online directories were the Phonebook directories which as we well know have all moved to the online medium.
These online directories are essentially a database of Australian businesses with information regarding their Name, Address and Phone Number ( NAP which we will talk about in a little bit. With every listing you register online the greater the potential boost to your websites SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) regarding local search.
There are many benefits to signing up the below are just a few
- Great for SEO
- Authenticates your business are a 'real' entity
- Generates brand awareness
- Ads the potential to attract new customers
- A very cost-effective and sometimes Free or method to gain more exposure
- Some are Industry specific directories
- Strengthening your business reputation and online presence
- Helps with Trust and Loyalty
Unlike with one of my favourite past times
NAP stands for Name, Address, Phone Number. NAP is critical for businesses wanting to rank in the local organic search results. Search engines like Google take the NAP data into account when determining which companies to show for geo-targeted searches, without these markers the Search engines would find it hard to measure the credentials of a Business. That is why it is essential that the information, particularly the NAP (Name, Address & Phone) information, is consistent across all listings.
When adding your listings to various directories consider the below consistencies in the information
- Company name with Pty Ltd, Inc etc
- Address with proper formatting of Street Names and numbers
- Adding Country/ State code along with Phone Number
- Adding Fax or Mobile Number contact information
- The format of the numbers, with hyphen or without? . e.g xx-xxx-xxx
And now for the list you've been waiting for!
These are just a hand full of possible other Business directories to list your business. There are many more but these should get you started.
Of course ours truly will be in there so if you haven't already get your Australian Business listed with us before you jump away at these others.
- looklocal.net.au <- Our Favourite
Do you have any other Favourite Business directories? Let us know in the comments below.