45 Best Local Australian Business Directories
IN THIS ARTICLE WE’LL COVER
- What is a local Business directory?
- The benefits of signing up to a local directory for your business
- What is NAP, and why is it important?
- 45 Best Australian Business Listing websites to consider
Business Directories are a great way to gather extra website traffic. There are many free and paid options, including Link partnerships. Online business directories or citation listings are probably the easiest way to get backlinks and to start putting your website and business infront of potential customers.
The more Directories your business is registered with the better the chances of receiving traffic and also a great signal for the search engines such as Google to measure the authenticity of your website. Back in the day the equivalent of online directories were the Phonebook directories which as we well know have all moved to the online medium.
These online directories are essentially a database of Australian businesses with information regarding their Name, Address and Phone Number ( NAP which we will talk about in a little bit. With every listing, you register online the greater the potential boost to your websites SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) regarding local search.
There are many benefits to listing your Australian Business the below are just a few
- Great for Business SEO
- Authenticates your business are a 'real' entity
- Generates brand awareness
- Adds the potential to attract new customers
- A very cost-effective and sometimes Free method to gain more exposure
- Some are Industry specific directories
- Strengthening your business reputation and online presence
- Helps with Trust and Loyalty
Not just one of my favourite past times :-)
NAP stands for Name, Address, Phone Number. NAP is critical for businesses wanting to rank in the local organic search results. Search engines like Google take the NAP data into account when determining which companies to show for geo-targeted searches, without these markers the Search engines would find it hard to measure the credentials of a Business. That is why it is essential that the information, particularly the NAP (Name, Address & Phone) information, is consistent across all listings.
When adding your listings to various directories consider the below consistencies in the information
- Company name with Pty Ltd, Inc etc
- Address with proper formatting of Street Names and numbers
- Adding Country/ State code along with Phone Number
- Adding Fax or Mobile Number contact information
- The format of the numbers, with hyphen or without? . e.g xx-xxx-xxx
45 BEST AUSTRALIAN BUSINESS DIRECTORIES to list your business
And now for the list you've been waiting for!
These are just a hand full of possible other Business directories to list your business. There are many more but these should get you started.
Of course, ours truly will be in there so if you haven't already get your Australian Business listed with us before you jump away at these others.
A powerhouse for Looking for Local Business. One of the biggest directories. True Local offers every business in Australia a free listing with the ability to enter all your business details including logos
Great site to leave reviews on local businesses. Word of Mouth is a good place to share your experiences and to get loyal customers to spread the word about your local business
dlook offers FREE Business listings. They have a huge database and is easy to submit your business information
Hotfrog is a popular online Business Directory service. They offer Free Business LIstings for up to 10 businesses. Hotfrog business directory lists businesses by category and by business type.
Localsearch has been helping connect Australian businesses with affordable, effective marketing solutions for over 20 years. LocalSearch can also help you with other services such as Websites,
Social Media Marketing, Web Hosting, Search Engine Marketing, Google My Business, Search Engine Optimisation, Localsearch Online and more
Yelp is another of the Big Directories for listing your business. This is one of the essential directories to get your Free Australian Listing.
Yelp connects people with great local businesses and accepts Reviews and recommendations.
- looklocal.net.au Our Favourite Business Directory. We cater for all sized Australian Businesses. We don't have Free Business Listings anymore but our Basic listing is very cheap.. some say too cheap.
We Share all new listings to our social media pages so you are online on multiple platforms. With every Business listing, you will also get Google My Business Posts and Logo Showcase to make your listing in our directory even more worth your while.
Some other good resources